Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Afternoon Delight


I am clearly not a natural-born food blogger because I forgot to take a picture of my lunch. Luckily, however, I have another serving of it in the fridge, which I subbed in when I got home, photograph-wise. This is soba noodles with chicken, cucumbers and bell peppers. It's based on this recipe but when I made the dressing Martha calls for it just tasted...bland. So I whipped up the dressing I use for sesame noodles I make for our summer house weekends. Equal parts soy sauce and toasted sesame oil, with 1/4 as much sugar and rice vinegar, and chili oil to taste. For two servings I did 2 tbsp soy and sesame oil, and 0.5 tbsp sugar and 0.5 tbsp rice vinegar.

In real life it's all mixed together nicely and the noodles are lovely when slicked with dressing. In its subbed-photo-straight-from-fridge-without-dressing state, it's not as lovely.


Snack #1 was a mini wrap, made with 1/2 of a whole wheat lavash, 2 slices of turkey, arugula and a little aoli, and a string cheese on the side.


Snack #2 was a handful of honey roasted peanuts. Mmm.

And that was the work day!




Link

No comments: