Monday, May 31, 2010

Phoning It In

On Sunday I usually cook for the week - at least two meals to have twice each for lunch, and sometimes a dinner or two as well. That means by the end of the day I usually don't want to cook dinner as well. Enter Annie's whole wheat mac and cheese. It isn't the most balanced meal on the planet but it is fast, easy, and relatively wholesome. I like to mix in some frozen veggies (the only time I ever use frozen veggies in fact, apart from frozen peas and frozen corn when out of season). Usually I use green beans/peas/corn but today I realized that mix clocks in at 90 calories per half cup whereas the squash medley I picked up tonight is 20 for the same amount. I'm not going to lie, the veggies were a little mushy. But still a good trade.

So here you have it, times two. I should have stopped halfway through the second bowl I think. Now it's time to get cooking for the week!





No comments: